Fenris: Mountain-Eater Hunt
This page describes attributes, the most basic and universal aspects of any character. Attributes can be rolled in some situations, for lack of a better option, but generally influence other things, like skills.
Every character has the same six attributes. They should be familiar:
- Strength: Affects melee damage, influences carrying capacity/etc, rolled to lift/force objects.
- Dexterity: Determines base Dodge modifier, affects initiative. Can be rolled for many things in absence of skills.
- Constitution: Affects damage reduction, resists poison/environmental effects, influences number of Grazes.
- Intelligence: Roll to solve logic puzzles. Can serve as baseline for most mental skills. Affects some magic.
- Perception: Used in detection rolls. Affects some magic.
- Willpower: Used to resist mental control and social influence. Also affects magic.
All attributes start at an average level (0). They can be raised for a cost of three points per rank, stacking. (+1 costs 3 points, +2 costs 9 points). They can also be lowered for a similar price, but starting at -2. (-1 costs -2 points, -2 costs -7 points).
Table as follows. Number in parenthesis is cost to raise/lower from previous level.
Normally, Attributes offer a modifier to various other rolls. However, they may occasionally be used to make a resistance roll or opposed check. Moreover, as a last-resort option for skill rolls, you can substitute an appropriate attribute at -4.